Re: [Stripes-users] ResolverUtil causing issues...

Subject:   Re: [Stripes-users] ResolverUtil causing issues... (find more)
From:   Sebastian Beigel <hidden> (find more)
Date:   Nov 30, 2005 03:37

Him

> I have noticed that when deploying a Stripes WAR file that has, for
> reasons of application separation, got its own jar load, the boot up
> process for the server involves lots of stack traces, along the lines
> of "Unable to examine class ... java.lang.ClassNotFoundException ...
> ". I understand this is basically the ResolverUtil looking for things
> its interested in but it has, on a couple of occasions, caused my
> JBoss permgen space to overflow, which is not good.

Not sure, but have you set the "ActionResolver.UrlFilters" init-param in
your web.xml? It's used to restrict the classpath entries that are
searched for ActionBeans. Without this setting, Stripes searches all
URLs in the web app classpath, which can be a lot (and trying to inspect
some entries may cause your problem), so I think it's highly recommend
to provide this setting.

Sebastian

--
Sebastian Beigel // Software Architekt
(F) Die Firma GmbH // Innovative Kommunikation

Entire Thread (Showing 4 of 5)

  • [Stripes-users] ResolverUtil causing issues... Sean Blezard <hidden>

    Hi, I have noticed that when deploying a Stripes WAR file that has, for reasons of application separation, got its own jar load, the boot up process for the server involves lots of stack traces, along the lines of "Unable to examine ...

    • Re: [Stripes-users] ResolverUtil causing issues... Sebastian Beigel <hidden>

      • Re: [Stripes-users] ResolverUtil causing issues... Sean Blezard <hidden>

        Interesting, I was hoping there was a property along those lines. Can you suggest any sensible values to use

      • [Stripes-users] OK I'm lazy I guess... Sean Blezard <hidden>

        I just googled this, http://mc4j.org/confluence/display/stripes/ConfigurationReference#ConfigurationReferenceActionResolver, which neatly describes how to speed up startup by doing as you suggest (1 more message in this thread)