Re: [Stripes-users] form submit bug?

Subject:   Re: [Stripes-users] form submit bug? (find more)
From:   Nic Holbrook <hidden> (find more)
Date:   Dec 29, 2005 12:59

Currently, when I use the standard image tag, stripes
sends the handler name as Handler.x and Handler.y so I
need to add a .x or a .y to my Handler inside the
event handler.

--- Tim Fennell <hidden> wrote:

> Hey Nic,
>
> You're right that there is no stripes:image tag yet.
>  It has been at the bottom
> of the list of priorities because I don't think it
> adds a tremendous amount of
> value (using the HTML one gets you most of what you
> need).  However, for
> completeness it probably is time that an image tag
> got added to Stripes.  Note
> that using the plain HTML input type="image" will be
> understood by Stripes and
> routed to the correct action/handler.
>
> For a bit more on what I'm thinking for a
> stripes:image tag (and to add your own
> thoughts) check out:
>   http://stripes.mc4j.org/jira/browse/STS-14
>
> -t
>
> Quoting Nic Holbrook <hidden>:
>
> > <input type="image" name="EditUser"
> > src="/images/ico_edit.gif"/>
> >
> > When I submit a form with this method, the name
> > EditUser is passed through as EditUser.x and
> > EditUser.y.  I am using the pure html version of
> this
> > tag.  Is there a stripes equivalent?  I saw button
> and
> > submit but I didn't see where I could use an
> image.
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Nic

> > Yahoo! DSL – Something to write home about.
> > Just $16.99/mo. or less.
> > dsl.yahoo.com

> you grep through log files
> > for problems?  Stop!  Download the new AJAX search
> engine that makes
> > searching your log files as easy as surfing the
> web.  DOWNLOAD SPLUNK!

> you grep through log files
> for problems?  Stop!  Download the new AJAX search
> engine that makes
> searching your log files as easy as surfing the
> web.  DOWNLOAD SPLUNK!

Entire Thread (Showing 4 of 7)

  • [Stripes-users] form submit bug? Nic Holbrook <hidden>

    src="/images/icoedit.gif"/> When I submit a form with this method, the name EditUser is passed through as EditUser.x and EditUser.y. I am using the pure html version of this tag. Is there a stripes equivalent? I saw button and submit but I didn't see ...

    • Re: [Stripes-users] form submit bug? Tim Fennell <hidden>

      Hey Nic, You're right that there is no stripes:image tag yet. It has been at the bottom of the list of priorities because I don't think it adds a tremendous amount of value (using the HTML one gets you most of what you need ...

      • Re: [Stripes-users] form submit bug? Nic Holbrook <hidden>

        • Re: [Stripes-users] form submit bug? Nic Holbrook <hidden>

          What I really meant to say... I need to add a .x or a .y to my Handler inside the action in order for it to get called (3 more messages in this thread)