Re: [Stripes-users] form submit bug?

Subject:   Re: [Stripes-users] form submit bug? (find more)
From:   Nic Holbrook <hidden> (find more)
Date:   Dec 29, 2005 13:28

What I really meant to say...

I need to add a .x or a .y to my Handler inside the
action in order for it to get called.

Thanks

--- Nic Holbrook <hidden> wrote:

> Currently, when I use the standard image tag,
> stripes
> sends the handler name as Handler.x and Handler.y so
> need to add a .x or a .y to my Handler inside the
> event handler.
>
> --- Tim Fennell <hidden> wrote:
>
> > Hey Nic,
> >
> > You're right that there is no stripes:image tag
> yet.
> >  It has been at the bottom
> > of the list of priorities because I don't think it
> > adds a tremendous amount of
> > value (using the HTML one gets you most of what
> you
> > need).  However, for
> > completeness it probably is time that an image tag
> > got added to Stripes.  Note
> > that using the plain HTML input type="image" will
> be
> > understood by Stripes and
> > routed to the correct action/handler.
> >
> > For a bit more on what I'm thinking for a
> > stripes:image tag (and to add your own
> > thoughts) check out:
> >   http://stripes.mc4j.org/jira/browse/STS-14
> >
> > -t
> >
> > Quoting Nic Holbrook <hidden>:
> >
> > > <input type="image" name="EditUser"
> > > src="/images/ico_edit.gif"/>
> > >
> > > When I submit a form with this method, the name
> > > EditUser is passed through as EditUser.x and
> > > EditUser.y.  I am using the pure html version of
> > this
> > > tag.  Is there a stripes equivalent?  I saw
> button
> > and
> > > submit but I didn't see where I could use an
> > image.
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > >
> > > Nic

> > > Yahoo! DSL – Something to write home about.
> > > Just $16.99/mo. or less.
> > > dsl.yahoo.com

> Do
> > you grep through log files
> > > for problems?  Stop!  Download the new AJAX
> search
> > engine that makes
> > > searching your log files as easy as surfing the
> > web.  DOWNLOAD SPLUNK!

> > you grep through log files
> > for problems?  Stop!  Download the new AJAX search
> > engine that makes
> > searching your log files as easy as surfing the
> > web.  DOWNLOAD SPLUNK!

> Just $16.99/mo. or less.
> dsl.yahoo.com

> you grep through log files
> for problems?  Stop!  Download the new AJAX search
> engine that makes
> searching your log files as easy as surfing the
> web.  DOWNLOAD SPLUNK!

Entire Thread (Showing 4 of 7)

  • Re: [Stripes-users] form submit bug? Tim Fennell <hidden>

    Hey Nic, You're right that there is no stripes:image tag yet. It has been at the bottom of the list of priorities because I don't think it adds a tremendous amount of value (using the HTML one gets you most of what you need ...

    • Re: [Stripes-users] form submit bug? Nic Holbrook <hidden>

      Currently, when I use the standard image tag, stripes sends the handler name as Handler.x and Handler.y so I need to add a .x or a .y to my Handler inside the event handler

      • Re: [Stripes-users] form submit bug? Nic Holbrook <hidden>

        • Re: [Stripes-users] form submit bug? Tim Fennell <hidden>

          sounds somewhat suspicious to me. I've tested with image buttons before. I went back and looked at the code and the AnnotatedClassActionResolver (which is also the parent of the Spring one) uses this code to resolve the event name (2 more messages in this thread)